The Silver Turtle

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

dream weaver

I had one of those dreams last night where someone from your past just appears for no real reason. One of my high school friends-slash-ex-boyfriends*. As is the nature of dreams, he was there as if this were normal. Since he's someone I don't see or speak to anymore and rarely think about, I'm not sure why my subconscious brain shoved him forward. I also remember approximately 1 dream every couple of months, so for all I know he's in every single one of them and I just don't remember.

*I should explain about the friend-slash-ex... I went to a small school in a rural area. I spent most of my time with the band geeks & smart kids. I was one of the dumbest smart kids, just smart enough to make it into the AP classes, although I wisely chose to only take the easy ones like history & english. All of us were quite eager to get out of the little towns we came from and on to college and life. So while we all dated people, only a couple of us ended up in serious-for-high-school relationships. No way we were chancing getting knocked up and stuck in [insert town here]. The reason I don't speak to my high school exes any longer isn't because of some big dramatic fight, it's simply because we lost touch. We stayed friends for a few years after breaking up, before the emails started to wane and then ended, and we weren't all home from college at the holidays to get together anymore.*

Every once in awhile these people appear in my rather uneventful dreams and then I spent 2 days wondering what happened to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home