The Silver Turtle

Sunday, December 05, 2004

karma chameleon

Saturday afternoon I was at a jewelry show at a friend's house. While we were there chatting and browsing jewelry and eating one of the girls started talking about her & a friend wanting to start a band. She's a singer and the friend a drummer. The basic idea is that it's going to be a girl cover band - Madonna, No Doubt, whatever.

They need a bass player for the project. If she gives me a call and we end up getting together it sounds like it will be very fun and very cool.

5 Comments:

  • That is an absolutely fantastic idea for a band.

    I'm trying to even think of what all-girl bands there are out there (which I know isn't really the topic but it made me think of it)...The Donna's; The Yeah-Yeah's (they're all female right?)...Um. Okay that's all I can think of right now.

    By Blogger MooCow, at 11:29 PM  

  • It sounds like loads of fun. I really hope it comes together. They have a great name picked out, too: "Biotch".

    I can't really think of any other all-girl bands either, except for the Bangles. And I once heard of some band from Canada (I think) called something similar to "hard spank".

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 10:56 PM  

  • Don't forget Hole, the Go-Gos, if you want to go WAAAY back, the Ronnettes...

    By Blogger ediecat, at 12:46 AM  

  • You missed it.

    All of you.

    You missed one of the best examples of all-girl bands, The Runaways.

    Think Joan Jett meets Lita Ford, because they do.

    Serra

    By Blogger Pandora Wilde, at 1:34 PM  

  • Hole is a good one.. nothing like modeling yourself after a crack momma...

    Why don't I know the Runaways? I like Joan Jett... I'll have to check them out.

    I'm sure there are more I'm just not remembering.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home