The Silver Turtle

Thursday, April 07, 2005

vacation part II - the return

Ugh... back to work.

I had a great time in Boston. Pics will be online whenever I get to that. Here's a brief recap of the journey:

Friday
Friday morning I was on the road before 5:30. Drove and drove and drove. Thought about stopping at Niagra Falls when I went by Buffalo, but didn't. Paid too much money in tolls. Driving all the way across NY is like driving through Georgia - really long. Got into Boston, found an overpriced parking garage a block from my hotel.

Met my friend and we jammed a little bit. Then we went to dinner in Chinatown (yeah - I didn't know Boston had a Chinatown, either). Tony thinks the restaurant we ate at is run by the Chinese mafia. Then we went to Harvard Square and had giant cake for dessert.

Saturday
Got up early, tried to go for a walk but it was cold and rainy. Took the subway to Tony's and met his girlfriend. Then we went and played in a very cool music shop by his house. We had lunch and then went back to the hotel and jammed for awhile. Dinner was at a place called Fire & Ice.

Sunday
Met in the morning to jam. Then we went for a walk around the Public Gardens, Boston Common, and some other places. Tony went home for awhile and I explored around a lot myself. More jamming and dinner that night was at an Irish pub called O'Leary's. Good stuff. Then we went to a different Irish Pub to watch the Red Sox loose on opening day to the Yankees.

Monday
We walked up to North End and the Boston Harbor. I had a really delicious canoli at a place called Mike's Pastry. Then I drove home. I didn't Boston until almost 1:30 so I got home close to 2AM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home