The Silver Turtle

Saturday, July 09, 2005

london calling

Yesterday morning I had a great post almost finished about the bombings in London. About knowing a real life friend there. About people that have grown up in other parts of the world and who experience terrorist acts all of the time - they don't know anything else. About how media coverage changes in these different parts of the world, from Ireland to Palestine. All of that ... even some song lyrics from John Lennon.

But since my computer freaked out, I'll just leave it at this:
  • I'm relieved my friend (and his friends there) are safe.

  • I'm relieved my blogging friend is safe.

  • I'm scared that this will just add fuel to the Bush administration's fire.

  • Mostly, I'm sickened and sad and confused about why people think that killing the innocent is really going to enact productive change.
  • 1 Comments:

    • Aww - I'm glad you're RL friend is safe, and thanks for thinking of us ST. :)

      By Blogger deanne, at 1:30 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home