The Silver Turtle

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

big day

Tomorrow morning I get to get up about an hour and a half earlier than usual. (I'm NOT a morning person).

Then I will drive to another office to do an audit, and then that manager comes to my office to do an audit. Then I have a phone interview for a position to manage my own office (same company, small promotion).

Then I will try to leave a little early, because I am auditioning to play in the "pit orchestra" for a children's choir/theatre production. (Paying gig - yay!) I'm auditioning on tuba & bass, because the bass part utilizes both instruments. I'm completely confident in my tuba playing. My bass playing is fine, except I'm no good at sight reading on bass, so I'm a little nervous for that part of the audition. (It's all sight reading, I haven't seen any of the music since I was just contacted a few days ago).

Yesterday I got this overwhelming feeling that I am supposed to just quit my day job and do music. While that would be the absolutely best thing in the world for me mentally, spiritually, emotionally, etc., it would leave me almost completely unable to pay my bills, so a very bad thing financially. I still have that same feeling, which is making me hesitant about my interview at work. It's not a "cold feet" thing with the possible new job. It's a "you're about to have a lot of opportunities to make money doing music" feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home