The Silver Turtle

Sunday, December 03, 2006

it's that time of year to spread the tuba cheer

You should all know what time of year it is by now. It's that time of year when Silver Turtle reminds all of her friends, colleagues, readers, and complete strangers that it's TUBACHRISTMAS season!

Find your local Tuba Christmas here.

I recently heard that one city has a special Tuba Hannukah program as a part of their Tuba Christmas.

I'm working on my Ultimate Tuba Christmas Post, where I will start posting video and photos every year and just keep adding to it. But since I haven't been to Tuba Christmas yet this year, I decided to leave you with some footage someone shot of Baltimore's event.

At every city and town event I've been to, they have introduced the different members of the tuba family. Two things I adore about this introduction - all of the audience "oohing & awwing" with the cheers for their favorite kinds of tubas and the "Jewsophone".



Carol of the Tubas Bells (chosen for it's aural and visual appeal).




Merry Tuba Christmas!

3 Comments:

  • Definitely one of the highlights of the holiday season...Will be at the Civic in two weeks!

    Are you performing anywhere this year?

    By Blogger Helen, at 6:36 PM  

  • Hey, that's Baltimore!

    And I've been meaning to ask you, have you ever heard of Drums and Tuba? It's a band that blends an electronic kind of sound with tubas. Pretty cool.

    http://www.drumsandtuba.com/index.html

    Oh yeah, and the flaming tuba!

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nd_gvR06j6s

    By Blogger acw, at 2:55 PM  

  • @ ACW: How weird is it that when I was posting it occurred to me that you live there. And I have much, much love for Drums & Tuba. The flaming tuba was new to me... I was mostly worried about the tuba's safety.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home