The Silver Turtle

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

musical menagerie

The other day I had some time to kill, so I stopped into a music store to try out some larger combo amps for my bass. In the bass section there was a couple looking rather aprehensively at the salesperson who was demoing a bass for them. It turned out they were xmas shopping for their daughter - lucky daughter, because they got her a pretty blue Fender Jazz bass and a nice 60 watt combo amp that will get her through all kinds of high school bands. After they left I took over the jazz bass that they had been listening to and started playing around, but that's not really the point.

The point is that it got me thinking about a couple different things:
The Best Xmas Gift Ever, which then got me thinking about how with my tuba, I have the best instrument I could ever want and it doesn't occur to me to go try other ones. With bass, there seems to be a few different instruments I'd like to have for various reasons and I love trying out different ones.

So the next couple of posts will be dedicated to those two things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home