The Silver Turtle

Saturday, September 02, 2006

... and the countdown begins

It's Saturday morning, and I made it until 10:22 am before I started hearing the sounds of TBDBITL (That's The Best Damn Band In The Land, the Ohio State marching band, for those of you out of the loop).

Why am I hearing marches and other football favorites? Because my neighbors are playing it, apparently on a loop, in preparation for the First Game Of The Season! Which starts at 7:00 pm. We apparently need 8.5 hours of tailgaiting fun. This would be slighlty less weird if my immediate neighbors were actual college kids instead of a bunch of hispanic guys who appear to be your average stereotypical hispanic guys who don't go to OSU.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a total band/marching band/DCI/any form of music GEEK. Heck, this past week I not only watched Drumline, which I own, I then watched it the next day with commentary. I was excited when I saw that DCI is going to television their finals in movie theatres. And the best part of Ohio State Football is TBDBITL. But I'd really like to limit that to just a few hours before gametime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home