The Silver Turtle

Saturday, December 30, 2006

the all-knowing calvin & hobbes

I absolutely love the comic strip Calvin & Hobbes*. I was quite sad when Bill Waterson retired from the strip, and sometimes wish he was still writing/drawing it (even though it's been 11 years, exactly, tomorrow since it ended).

There's some definate truth and wisdom in the strip. And, I just realized, some visions of the future. Last Christmas Silver Turtle Boyfriend gave me (among other awesome gifts**) the Complete Calvin & Hobbes collection. Which I've read in it's entirety twice and now pick up at random. I also have an rss feed of daily Calvin & Hobbes. Today's feed gave me this:

A bleak look at our future under George W.

Calvin was always dreaming of being a dictator....

*Check out the Silver Turtle Goodies over there ---> for your own daily allowance of Calvin & Hobbes

**Silver Turtle Boyfriend gives really, really great gifts. Last year also included an ipod shuffle & docking station, DVDs, CDs, books, and Gameboy Advance games. This year it was a whole collection of DMB live trax, the original Chinese release of Fearless, some other DVDs, some music books, and this really awesome collection of autographed House stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home