The Silver Turtle

Monday, June 25, 2007

another comfest in the books

Another year, another ComFest.
Some highlights:
- Running into old friends
- Running into new friends
- Seeing someone with a pet goat
- Sitting in the park on a sunny afternoon, listening to great music and enjoying a giant mug of beer.
- Watching people dance with abandon to whatever style of music happens to be playing on the stage
- Seeing my friends rock out in their various bands
- Waking up every morning with sore, stiff muscles because I spent the previous day wandering about in the hot sun drinking beer, and eagerly heading out for another equally great day

Tom has some of his ComFest artwork posted, and his own highlights here.

Did I mention all of the bands I saw? There were 6 stages, running shows about 45 minutes to an hour in length, from 12 noon until 10 or 11 pm every day. And this is without the Blues Garage this year.

I didn't take many photos this year - intentionally opting to soak in the experiences rather than document them. But lots of other folks have already begun posting their photos on flickr.

I missed having Charlotte around this year, although I did wear the hemp bracelet she made me all weekend so a part of her could ComFest with the rest of us. If only every day was a ComFest day, the world would be a damn happy place.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home