The Silver Turtle

Friday, May 23, 2008

helmet head

I've always thought bike helmets a little on the lame side. I grew up in a motorcycle family, where you wouldn't even consider getting on a motorcycle sans helmet. But growing up with those heavy-duty lids just made me think the slight foam and lightweight plastic of bike helmets is kinda useless.

My commute takes me through a short stretch with not one, not two, but THREE highway exits. Those cars fly of the interstate. Often right at me. So I've done a bit of research and am reconsidering my previous position on bike helmets. At least for busy city biking. Especially because I found these: Nutcase Helmets.

The only problem? I can't decide which one I like the best! I was drawn to the clover design. But I learned my lesson on the motorcycles - black helmets get freakin' hot in the sun. Any dark colors, really. The candy swirl is weirdly whimsical. But there are several I really, really, really like. This one is a close match to my bike.

*Sigh*.... decisions, decisions...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home