The Silver Turtle

Friday, April 29, 2005

abortion ban bill

Odd that I was just praising birth control and maintaining why abortion should be legal.

What do I find out today? The lovely State of Ohio has a bill in its House to ban abortions. Completely. No exceptions for rape or medical anything - just no more abortions. If that wasn't making enough of a woman's choices for her, they would also like to criminally convict anyone who assists a woman by taking her over the state line to get an abortion elsewhere.

I also found it interesting that they would increase the penalty for anyone found participating in illegal abortions. It's a big red flag that says "We know that abortions will happen, legal or not." We really aren't that far away from a hanger in the back alley.

2 Comments:

  • What I don't get is the Florida case....13 yrs old is okay for abortion, but because she was in state care it is denied....WTF?

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 10:25 PM  

  • Thanks for showing this to us at DDW. I can't believe it. Or I don't want to believe it. Either way- We have to fight it.

    By Blogger Anne, at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home