The Silver Turtle

Saturday, October 15, 2005

halloween costume help

I still haven't decided on my Halloween costume this year. Some friends are throwing a party - and originally they stipulated that it was a "traditional" Halloween costume party (no hippies, pimps, etc. - only scary monster costumes). They've since relaxed the 'rules', because apparently some of our friends are no fun. Anyway, I'm still going the traditional route, but need some help deciding. I've narrowed it down to three:

Mummy
I'm pretty sure I'd be the only mummy. It's a really easy costume to put together. (Just need loads of white gauze and some tape). It's also difficult to keep together all night, especially since I'd be riding in a car to the party. I was a mummy once as a kid and it was a big hit, but it really did get to be a pain by the end of the night, trailing pieces of gauze and tripping over it and stuff.

Vampire
This was one of my favorites as a kid (probably second only to pirate). Still pretty easy - black cloak, fake teeth, and if I'm really ambitious, some white face paint and fake blood. I can almost guarantee there will be at least one other vampire though.

Witch
This has been a staple of mine for the past couple of years. Mainly because I have a pointy witch hat (it's purple with silver stars - pretty!). Just add a cloak, and a magic wand, and voila - insta-witch. Super comfy costume, and it's hit or miss if you get other witches. (Although they're usually either super traditional - green face paint, etc. or "sexy" witch.) Sort of boring since I've done it so much in the past. And everyone asks if I'm Harry Potter, which of course I'm not since I'm a freakin' girl.

Ok bloggers - help me decide.

4 Comments:

  • I'd go for the mummy. Sounds cool.If you don't feel like talking to someone, give a "Ahg...", and off you go! Besides, tripping is fun.

    Blaine is going as Lizzie Borden. Cheap, easy and scary.

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 4:43 PM  

  • Wow- Lizzie Borden is pretty original! So far I've gotten 1 vote for each of my costumes. Today while I'm out I'll look around for some inspiration. Or just buy several feet of white gauze.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 10:17 AM  

  • Just put on whatever you want, and when people ask what you are, look at them like they're crazy and say, "Duh! I'm a witch."

    At least you'll have fun that way.

    By Blogger acw, at 8:41 AM  

  • Ugh. I'm having the same problem you are Miss Silver Turtle. I didn't believe you when you said that all the costumes out there were variances on being a witch!

    Tom has to work, so I think he's going to miss the party all together. (You know Brent & Miss Holly) I was thinking of having us go as Little Red Riding Hood & the Wolf. Or Tom was thinking, if he gets out early, since he'll be in his tux shirt & black pants of just picking up a black cape & fangs & going as a vampire.

    I was also thinking of maybe going as Medusa or a Geisha. Want to come with me tonight to the "Halloween USA" store?

    -- copy_princess

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home