The Silver Turtle

Thursday, September 08, 2005

tag your pets

Silver Turtle Boyfriend and I share a my car. So every morning, I get up about 4:30 a.m. to drive him to work. Yesterday we were driving down the dark road, and a puppy was walking very slowly toward us. I slowed the car to about 2 mph, but the dog just kept coming. Finally, I came to a complete stop, and the dog apparently did the same, because I couldn't see him (and since there wasn't any "thunk" I knew I hadn't hit him). I opened my door to move him, and he was right there.

From up close, it was obvious he couldn't see well, if at all (maybe he wasn't a puppy, but an elder dog) and was lost. He got super close to me and the car and was sniffing like crazy, trying to orient himself.

I felt around his collar, hoping to find out where he belonged, but there was no tag. After double-checking and brief hesitation, I managed to shoo the dog far enough away from my car to commence the drive to Silver Turtle Boyfriend's job.

On the way home I saw the same dog padding just as slowly up and down the same street, obviously trying to find his home.

Moral of this story: PLEASE pay a few buck to get a tag for your pet. Silver Turtle Boyfriend and I worried about that poor dog all day, and even kept our eyes out for him this morning. We hope he found his owners.

1 Comments:

  • Aww poor dog. I was going to say you should've taken him to the SPCA, but then I figured "Crap I'm hardly capable of blinking at 04:30 sooo..."

    By Blogger deanne, at 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home