The Silver Turtle

Monday, October 24, 2005

memo to my coworkers

I know we got a new system installed on Friday that incorporated our 3 old systems into one mega-system. I was there. For almost 11 hours.

I have had approximately the same amount of training as everyone else - we went to the same classes, completed the same practice sessions, etc. etc. My Magic 8 Ball is on vacation and I don't have all of the answers.

I know the system keeps doing things it shouldn't and not doing things it should. I know it's a pain in the ass to call the help(less) desk. Do it anyways. I can't be on 3 phone calls to the help(less) desk about 3 different problems with the system at the same time.

I don't care if you ask me questions - I know we're all learning together... but...

Please use your brain for 4 seconds before asking me these questions. I'm going to walk over to the computer and hit a bunch of buttons until I achieve whatever is required. You are probably capable of this, too. Go on, give it a try.

Thank you and Have a Nice Day.

2 Comments:

  • OMG! If you were in the deadly quiet only Ohio based FXK Ship Center: You too could hear me snorting & laughing sooo hard I ended up with tears rolling down my face. Shhhh... listen! You can probably hear me down the street. ;-)

    I want to say the same gosh-danged (Freekin' Idiots!) thing to about 24 other AMR's that are located in the Midwest.

    --copy princess

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 AM  

  • I'm just sooooo sick of the whining. I want to say to them "Look. This is here. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. Deal with it."

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home