The Silver Turtle

Friday, March 16, 2007

enneagram

I can be a sucker for stupid online tests. So here we go:

(The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test)

7 - the Adventurer
Your Enneagram type is SEVEN (aka "The Enthusiast").

"I am happy and open to new things"

Adventurers are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.

How to Get Along with Me

* Give me companionship, affection, and freedom. (especially freedom)
* Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter. (don't bore me)
* Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories. (people relate through stories)
* Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
* Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
* Don't tell me what to do. (seriously, i am the definition of independent).

What I Like About Being a Seven (this test needs to get out of my brain)

* being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down
* being spontaneous and free-spirited
* being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun.
* being generous and trying to make the world a better place
* having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
* having such varied interests and abilities

What's Hard About Being a Seven

* not having enough time to do all the things I want
* not completing things I start (I thought that was my ADHD)
* not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career (because my dream career is musician - and I play tuba and am learning bodhran - not exactly practical)
* having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
* feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship

Sevens as Children Often

* are action oriented and adventuresome (I did spend a lot of time in the ER)
* drum up excitement
* prefer being with other children to being alone (I could play in groups or alone)
* finesse their way around adults (my friends parents' always adored me, and the friends would be allowed to do anything if I was involved)
* dream of the freedom they'll have when they grow up

Sevens as Parents (completely not applicable as I will not be producing offspring)

* are often enthusiastic and generous
* want their children to be exposed to many adventures in life
* may be too busy with their own activities to be attentive

I wonder how much of this relates to my being an ENTP?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home