The Silver Turtle

Thursday, March 08, 2007

quote of the day

"I never thought I'd say this, but I need to hire a white male. And I can't find one!"

- My African-American, female, sits on special diversity committees, boss.

I'm having flashbacks to college. I went to a small private university. My freshman year approximately 94% of the student body was white. As at just about every learning institution, everyone was required to take a cultural diversity course. My class was filled with upper-middleclass white boys who whined every week about how they were becoming the minority and how tough they had it and they wanted to know when we would address their issues. I wonder how many of those same boys are job searching and can't get hired now "because they're white".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home