The Silver Turtle

Thursday, April 12, 2007

fantastic grilled cheese

Last night, after an extensive rehearsal, one of my band mates and myself went down to Victorian's Midnight Cafe to check out the open mike.

We hit the tail end, and being a Wednesday night, there wasn't much of an audience. But there was some talent; a young pianist who may or may not be named Dave, a couple guitar players who's names I didn't catch. And we scoped the area for the potential of our band (the brass quintet) playing there. It's a little odd to think of a traditionally classical chamber group hitting up open mics. But this is why I love music - it spans people and places and genres.

But this post is actually about the food at Vic's. Specifically, the most wonderful grilled concoction ever made. Not just a grilled cheese sandwich, but one with a name like "Connie's Grilled Cheese" (or maybe it was Carol or Annie or some other girl with great vision and taste).

The 9 grain bread was grilled perfectly. In between the two slices I found three cheeses; American, Swiss, and cream. Added to this were onions and sliced jalepenos*. Delectable doesn't begin to cover it.

My bottle of blueberry apple juice was a nice complement to the sandwich.

I did not expect to find such heaven in one little sandwich.

*It also comes with tomato, which I don't like.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home