The Silver Turtle

Thursday, March 22, 2007

adrenaline rush

STB and I just finished watching the movie Crank.

Mostly I liked it. The camera work was a little edgy without being obnoxious. There was a definate level of humor to several of the action scenes. There was some creative use with subtitles. It was fun. It moved fast.

The only thing holding back from really enjoying it was the filmakers' treatment of women in the film. Not that it was out-of-the-ordinary for an action movie with a gangster kind of storyline. But the women were mostly only there as pretty decorations, and maybe for sex. Almost the exact same movie could exist without the use of women at all.

I don't always mean to analyze everything against a feminist (or other) perspective - but it tends to just jump right out at me.

I will say, just watching the movie got me kind of keyed up.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home