The Silver Turtle

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

waiting...

I'm waiting on STB so we can head out to one of our favorite parks & enjoy an evening of grilling food and hanging out.

I thought I'd post a few updates...

On the biking thing.... I've put just under 80 miles on my bike in the span of about 1 month. My longest ride was probably about 5 or 6 miles - so that's lots & lots of little rides. It also means that I reduced the mileage on my car by ~80 miles. Yay!

Only very minor updates on the music stuff... Brazen Brass will be performing @ the Clintonville Farmer's Market on Saturday, June 21. Ain't Misbehavin' has a private party gig this Saturday.

On job stuff...ugh, I'm so ready for a new job. But am still being choosy over where I apply. I've added to my criteria that it must be within biking distance of my residence. So my options are even more limited. I have a list of jobs to look through, just need to find the time to do that & then apply.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Good job on the bike effort!! My brother and sister-in-law moved to Germany this March, sold their cars, and bought bikes. They love it. (And my brother lost a bunch of weight!) When they return in 2 years, they'll look for a house within biking distance of their jobs.

    And good luck on the job front. I'm rooting for ya!

    By Blogger ks, at 8:05 AM  

  • I'm LOVING the biking thing. The only thing that's made me think I should keep the car is the whole having to haul music gear to/from rehearsals + gigs... some of which are 20 miles away. And tubas & bass amps & accessories are BIG pieces of music gear!

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 9:11 AM  

  • oh yes, a car will still be necessary for tuba-toting. :)

    By Blogger ks, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home