The Silver Turtle

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

the job search continues...

I've been sort-of job searching on and off for a few months now. I found another decent prospect today - surprisingly from my alma mater's job listing. They typically have unpaid internships and daycare postings for students and about 1 in every 85 jobs is really a job.

Today's find was a state job - yay for every random holiday off! It does require some travel and the odd weekend/evening. The only contact info listed was a guy's name and email, and I know that state jobs require some weird application stuff. But it should be worth the hassle. Especially for more money and less stress.

2 Comments:

  • Jobs are for suckers. I'm never ever gonna finish my thesis. This I swear before God and this blog.

    By Blogger Koala Mentala, at 12:49 PM  

  • So true, koala....

    My cousin will be graduating from college this spring. I've been telling her for the past 2 years to go to grad school & stay there for a loooooong time. I don't think she's going to listen, though.

    I even knew when I graduated that real jobs suck. That's why I spent the summer after graduation waiting tables and taking road trips with a few friends.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home