The Silver Turtle

Thursday, January 13, 2005

work blahs & happy life stuff

work blahs
I've been feeling very cabin fever-y at my job lately. Must. Get. Out.

I finished the draft of my portfolio and had an artist friend review it. I told her to be mean, and she wasn't, but she did give me some good advice.

The design job I applied for online said a portfolio was required (of course) but it also says not to contact them unless you hear from them after submitting your resume. I think I may forward them my portfolio anyways, with a brief cover letter that says something about feeling it's useless to apply for a design position without giving them any design work.

I also just applied for a job as a communication director for a large banking company. The job description was lengthy and yet pretty vague. It mostly translated to "make pretty graphs for the executives and catchy adverstisments for the customers".

happy life stuff
I have a gig Sunday morning - bass. Practice Saturday, and last weeks practice went very well. I surprised myself.

I found a guy that's trying to start a band locally and got some mp3s from him this morning. I might go to their practice Monday night and see how I fit in. They sound a bit like the Cure, Radiohead, etc. but not exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home