The Silver Turtle

Sunday, January 16, 2005

the string quartet tribute to...

The soundtrack to The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou features a guy named Seu Jorge playing acoustic guitar and singing David Bowie songs in Portugese. My friend has been dying to pick it up, so we went to Best Buy looking for it. [They didn't have it, and neither did Target.]

Apparently, any band/musician worth their salt has a String Quartet Tribute to their music. Or sometimes a Bluegrass Tribute To... and in one case a Guitar Tribute To...

Do you enjoy the funky rock of Red Hot Chili Peppers? Now you can listen to their songs reinterpretted by a string quartet! How fun!

Oh, but you're into the indy rock kind of stuff? Not to worry, of course the Pixies have a String Quartet Tribute!

More of a middle-of-the-road, acoustic rock fan? Boy are you lucky, because this rockin' string quartet has completed two volumes of Dave Matthews Band tributes!

I think it's time my friend and I start doing the Brass Duo Tribute To.... series. We could start with 80's hair bands... maybe Guns 'N Roses...

2 Comments:

  • OMG, I would love to hear the Tuba version of "Paradise City" or "November Rain" - the long version. None of those sissy editted versions.

    By Blogger MooCow, at 10:03 PM  

  • I was totally thinking of the extended version of November Rain when I picked GNR to cover!!

    I'd also love to cover Def Leappard Pour Some Sugar on Maaaaaaaaaaay

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home