The Silver Turtle

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

work, work, work

I'm one of those people that has to set their alarm like an hour ahead because I'll hit snooze for an hour and fifteen minutes before dragging myself out of bed. The first couple of times I hit snooze I won't even really be awake to remember doing it.

This morning as my alarm was going off for the 6th time there was something weird going on. It took a few minutes for my brain to process that it was the CD playing from my alarm clock coupled with the obnoxious ringtone from my cell phone - the obnoxious ringtone that means work is calling. By the time I got up and walked the approximately 2 feet to my phone, they had hung up.

My boss' message was: "I have a slight emergency. If you get this message, go ahead and get dressed and come in." 2 hours before I'm supposed to be there. So I drug myself into the shower, got dressed, skipped what little breakfast I normally eat, and headed to work. Turns out 2 key people called off, and my boss had a meeting she couldn't get out of, so it was pretty crazy. I didn't even take a 5 minute break all day, much less lunch. (Lucky for me Tuesday is the office candy day, so I ate at least 13 mini-chocolate bars). One of the people who called off, however, is pretty pissy & annoying to work with. So the day actually went better than usual, because I didn't have to deal with that coworker. It's messed up when you're happy people aren't at work, even though it triples your workload.

When I got home I cooked dinner, went to the grocery store (I think I'll save bitching about the grocery store for its very own post), and did laundry. About 13.5 hours after being startled awake, I got to sit down and relax. I've felt sort of off-kilter all day.

I also agreed to play a church gig - just a Sunday morning deal - in a week and a half. I'm not even sure which instrument they need me to play yet.

4 Comments:

  • Maybe you need me to rub your feet, you had a hard day....NOT.....I will pich your cheeks instead....muaahahahahh!!!!!

    By Blogger Los Daddy, at 12:37 AM  

  • Hmmm... very funny. Don't think I'm not taking you up on that foot massage the second I get home from work tonight.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 9:51 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Los Daddy, at 7:02 PM  

  • Maybe you cant read, I said, "not" on the foot massage, but I will give you a foot in the BUTT!!!

    By Blogger Los Daddy, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home