The Silver Turtle

Saturday, February 26, 2005

itty bitty buddha


buddha
Originally uploaded by SilverTurtle.
This is what inspired my template change. A sense of peace and tranquility every time you visit.

Charlotte gave me this Itty Bitty Buddha for my recent birthday.

I'm not Buddhist, but I do find a lot of the teachings and practices of Buddhism useful and interesting. I really dig Taoism as a general life philosophy.

I'm surprised I don't blog more about religion. It's something I've always been fascinated by. And how many Christians are you going to meet that think Taoism, Buddhism and being a liberal are all related to Christianity?

Yak Rider is a fun place to explore eastern religions. And it has some really peace-inducing photos if you're having a long day.

2 Comments:

  • All religions, for the most part, are related at their core. They address the same issues of man, just deal with them in different ways. Interesting topic though.

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at 8:14 PM  

  • Excellent point. I was either a junior or senior in high school when I had to read Siddhartha (a book about Buddha) and had a similar realization.

    It's baffling how people can fight holy wars over this kind of stuff.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home