The Silver Turtle

Thursday, February 10, 2005

birthday

I turned 28 earlier this week. I can't believe my twenties are winding down. I've really been enjoying them.

It just seems you can get away with stuff in your twenties that you can't when you're in your thirties. Things like living in a crappy little apartment near a college just because it's dirt cheap, and driving a beat-up car (that you just had to spend another $230 fixing on your birthday), and going to see bands play at little bars on Tuesday night just because you feel like it.

I guess it's sort of like choosing to participate in your university's annual naked run with the reasoning "If I do this now, when I tell the story people will laugh and appreciate it because 'I was in college' and that's when you're supposed to do stupid things". At least my university's naked run was in the spring and not the winter.

I have a list of things I want to do before I die - maybe I should pull out everything I want to accomplish before I turn 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home