The Silver Turtle

Friday, February 04, 2005

the tale of the mysterious disappearing mail

We haven't received a single piece of mail since last Saturday. Not even the junk flyers that are shoved in, around, and under our mailboxes every day.

Silver Turtle Boyfriend decided someone was stealing our mail. I don't know anyone that wants to steal other people's bills, like they don't have enough of their own. So today I took matters into my hands and went to the post office.

The mailbox next to ours is damaged. Damaged as in the entire door is ripped off. So I thought maybe there was a problem with delivering mail to anyone there until it's fixed. At the post office they informed me that they changed carrier routes, and all of the carriers are now based out of a different location. Then they gave me a flyer with the phone number and directions.

I called and sure enough, the mail is being held. For absolutely no reason. I had to go pick it up. There were only three pieces, and none of them were for Silver Turtle Boyfriend. Maybe someone is stealing his mail.

Can I tell you how annoying it is to have your mail held, and not have anyone tell you. Or even leave a simple note in your box?! Stupid post office.

1 Comments:

  • We've had our mail stolen recently (enjoy the Netflix movie you stole, jerks!) so we don't use our mailbox for outgoing mail. But we check it for the regular piles of bills and stuff. Not getting mail is sort of like having your phone go dead: how is anyone supposed to find you?? Okay, it's not the same, but you get the idea.

    By Blogger Jesster, at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home