The Silver Turtle

Friday, February 25, 2005

james taylor & sexual favors

Not together .... just two random things I wanted to blog about whilst I sit trying to decide what to eat for breakfast. (Oatmeal? The last of the vanilla creme frosted mini wheats? Toast & eggs? Such a quandry.)

james taylor
A couple days ago a friend was over and we were watching American Idol. [I have a love/hate relationship with that show. It represents everything wrong with the music industry. Silver Turtle Boyfriend got me to watch it, and now I find myself picking out favorites. And the early episodes with horrid singers are great because Simon kicks ass.] Anyway, we're sitting there and the other rocker guy comes on. He's the one that didn't leave his band so he hasn't received a whole lot of airtime thus far. Bo [what is this, the Dukes of Hazzard?] He did a surprisingly good job, and we all sat around staring at each other going "he's really good!". Then a our friend says, "You know, he looks like a young James Taylor". And really, he kind of does.

The next day I was driving to the store [to get vanilla creme frosted mini wheats and milk] and I see a window in a building that reads: "All State Insurance - James Taylor". It would almost be worth the effort of changing insurance companies just to say that James Taylor was my insurance agent. Almost.

Incidentally, the real James Taylor puts on a pretty good show.

sexual favors
Wednesday one of my coworkers came back from making a deposit at the bank. While she was there the teller told her that she had just deposited a check for $25 for someone. In the MEMO section was written "for sexual favors". This begs two questions: What could you be doing for only $25? [Silver Turtle Boyfriend says probably a blowjob]. And why would you write it on your check? It's not like it's going to be a tax deduction next year.

Sometimes when I'm hanging out with a group of friends we'll decide to order pizza or wings or something, and no one has cash. So someone will use their debit card and someone else will write a check. Next time I want to be the check writer so I can write "for sexual favors" on the check. Maybe I should do that with my utility and visa bills, too.

breakfast decision
I think I'll finish off the vanilla creme frosted mini wheats now.

2 Comments:

  • The singer on American Idol is named Bo Bice. Yes, he does look like a young James Taylor.

    By Blogger Los Daddy, at 9:22 PM  

  • So, American Idol Guru - any picks for this season's winner yet?

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home