The Silver Turtle

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Blog Neglect

I know I've been neglecting my blogging lately.

I could say it's because I'm working at a new location until June, and it's and extra 20 miles drive every day, interrupting my morning rituals (when I used to blog). I could say it's because my newsletter deadling is around the corner and I've got interviews to set up, photos to scan, and articles to edit. I could say it's because I've been working a steady church gig every week and will be for 4 more weeks. I could say its because I think I finally found a band, and have been attending rehersals, which are twice a week for 2 hours each. I could say it's because I've had some volunteer things to attend this month. I could say all of this because these things are all true... but they're not the reason I've been slacking on the blogging.

I've got an addiction. I'm not easily addicted to things, I can smoke 10 cigarettes this week and not touch them for 3 years. I can drink or not drink any night of the week. It's not like me to get so wrapped up in something. Most things I can take or leave. But not this - this, somehow, has got ahold of me and is sucking up my few minutes of spare time every day.

This something is a television show. I rarely even watch TV. Some American Idol here, maybe a version of Law & Order there, and occassionally DVDs of M*A*S*H or 21 Jumpstreet. I didn't really even like the show when I first saw it, but a coworker loved it and talked about it every week, and I kept watching. Now I'm hooked. If there's a chance I will miss any of it, it must be taped. I joined an online community to download episodes to hold me over until a DVD is released. Then I joined 2 more online communities just to discuss the show, characters, plot lines, etc. This is a sickness.

Maybe it's because Hugh Laurie is just such a fabulous actor. Actually, that's probably a lot of it. And the show, while I'm sure it isn't 100% medically acurate, is interesting and touches on some iffy subjects.

So if I haven't updated in awhile, or haven't taken the time to comment on your blog, even though I just read a great post and have something to say, it's because of that damn House MD.

2 Comments:

  • i've never seen it... maybe its worth a peek.....

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 5:02 PM  

  • If you want to leave an email or AIM s/n I'd be happy to send you an episode.

    It's really not the greatest show ever.. .but I still love it.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home