The Silver Turtle

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

good week

This week got off to a really good start and I'm hoping it stays that way. A few recaps:

Sunday morning I was a half hour late to rehersal because I was sleeping - and it didn't matter because (surprise!) they were only just starting. Then the music director actually gave us 1 piece of next week's music in advance. (The rest of the music, however, I will get at 8am next Sunday and get to play through maybe three times before the performance).

Sunday night was filled with excitement at my friends' house. We were all sitting around watching the Simpsons and suddenly our friend Brent freaks out and demands we all get away from the windows. Two young girls drove up into their yard, almost hitting my friends' house, and then the girls took off across the yard (bottles of beer in hand) into some apartments or something. Brent called 911 and we had great entertainment for almost 2 hours.

Monday morning I was on my way to work at the other office when I got a call from my boss telling me to go to my regular office instead. I was so exited I didn't even mind being at work on a Monday. Shortly after I arrived, my boss told me I get to stay at my regular store again (a week ahead of schedule). And my hours have changed to Monday-Friday 9am-5pm - like a normal person.

Today is affectionately called Hughsday on several of my House communities. And since I enjoy Hugh Laurie so much in House, and found him amusing in the few British shows I'd seen him in, I've sort of been on a Hugh kick this week. So Sunday night I rented Flight of the Phoenix (which was decent but 100% predictable). Yesteray I ordered a used copy of Maybe Baby - with shipping it was a about $2 more expensive than actually renting it - so if I hate it I can sell it for about $2 and not really be out anything. I also ordered Hugh Laurie's novel The Gun Seller which I've heard is funny and I'm always looking for something new to read. Yay for Hugh Laurie and House. (I downloaded two more episodes this morning, and while I can hardly wait for the the DVD to come out, I love the internet and the fact I can pretty much get what I want in 15 minutes). Happy Hughsday everyone!

Tomorrow night I'm going to watch Some Kind of Monster - the Metallica documentary, which I also rented. I've heard loads of good things about it from my musician friends.

Finally, speaking of musician friends, two of them are in my favorite local band and they just got booked to headline one of the sweetest festivals all summer. The organizers estimate a few thousand people will be at that particular stage during their set. Lots of good exposure for them.

Yay for a good week. Sunday was my brother's birthday. I like to think that he's celebrating by smiling down on me and sending some good karma. Happy Birthday Jeff.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home