The Silver Turtle

Friday, August 12, 2005

irish punk

I can't believe I forgot to mention it... over there (to the right there----> ) under the silverturtle.goodies is a link to Celtic Rock & Punk Music. (workplace warning: clicking that link will actually play celtic rock & punk music)

Until I found Paddy Rock a couple weeks ago, I had no idea that Irish Celtic Punk was a specific genre of music. I thought bands like Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys were just punk bands.... and a little Irish.

In one of those moments of serendipity, I discovered the Paddy Rock site the same day that the IRA announced their intentions to end violence.

Even more reason to grab a pint and rock out.

As Copy Princess and I always toast:

May you be half way to Heaven
before the devil knows you're dead

2 Comments:

  • That's good crack.

    (as they say over in Ireland, that is. Not cocaine)

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at 8:47 PM  

  • Yep. When I found it I was (a)incredulous that no one informed me that punk irish is it's own form of music and (b)ecstatic

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home