The Silver Turtle

Thursday, August 18, 2005

the gig

Tuesday I went over to jam with a new drummer guy & a guitar player I've played with a few times before. Before I had my gear set up I was informed we have a gig this Saturday, opening for a friend of someone's band. I got the impression they were asked about 20 minutes before I showed up to practice.

So every night this week I've been playing with these guys trying to get our little set list down - mostly covers and a couple originals. I think we *might* actually pull it off - we're playing together surprisingly tight considering how little we've actually played together.

Although we're still in need of a [good] band name.

3 Comments:

  • So give up the goods...
    Where is it at?
    What style of music? (for the band name)

    I can spout off plenty of band names, none of which are actually as bad as my own.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 AM  

  • Style is acoustic rock, I guess. Since it's currently acoustic guitar, bass, and drums.

    The guitar/singer/songwriter guy is sort of Jack Johnson-ish. Stuff we're covering ranges from "All Along the Watchtower") to current ("Flake").

    I'll shoot you an email with more details.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 11:12 AM  

  • Hope the gig goes well...what name did you come up with?

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home