The Silver Turtle

Sunday, January 08, 2006

...and from the past

First, I have a confession. I have a "MySpace" account. I only got it because it's the current fashion for many of my favorite bands, and it's easier to keep up with them if I just do the MySpace thing, too.

Now that the air is cleared...

I got a message from a band on MySpace... which isn't out of the ordinary. Bands and people you've never heard of send you messages all the time. But this one was titled "Do you remember..." and it's from a guy I went to high school with. He graduated the year after me. It was just a short "how ya' doin, remember me, and here's my band" message.

The weird part is the "remember me" part. First, we were in band together - I mean concert, marching, jazz, and pep bands. We spent hours and hours and more hours on buses and in practices together over the course of 4 years. Second, we sort-of dated for the better part of a year - it's the closest I have to an on-again-off-again relationship. I have a photo of us looking totally geeky together at a homecoming dance. (Mainly I looked geeky). Eventually we quit trying to date, because we just didn't have that kind of chemistry.

My point is, it'd be pretty crappy of me to not remember someone like that.

Update: Here's my horoscope for today: Something from your past will reappear today and remind you of something important. I wonder what the important part was?

2 Comments:

  • *snicker*

    This is me restraining from mocking you about MySpace.

    *snicker*

    By Blogger acw, at 3:57 PM  

  • ACW -

    yeah, yeah... I know. I didn't really want to admit to it. Does it count that I don't blog there?

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home