The Silver Turtle

Friday, December 30, 2005

new year

I've seen a few blog posts this week about how terrible New Year's Eve is.

I love New Year's Eve.

Why?

Because:


  • Stay up (ok, this was a bigger deal when I was like 8)

  • Eat tons of pork & saurkraut

  • Have a few drinks

  • Celebrate life and having one more year of it

  • ...that kind of stuff



Perhaps people have BIG Expectations for New Year's Eve. It's supposed to be the party to end all parties. Which is fine, except that party happens on March 17th every year.

Find a few people you enjoy chillin' with. Stay in (everyone gets to drink!) or go out, whatever you like. And just enjoy being with people.

4 Comments:

  • Happy New Year, Turtle!

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 7:18 PM  

  • Happy New Year to you, too! Watch what you feed that rat.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 7:40 PM  

  • But what happens if you just really don't like people all that much?!

    Nah, I'm kidding. I just always feel the pressure for it to be A Big Night - so this year, I'm making it Just Another Night.

    Now, about those NY's Resolutions...

    By Blogger deanne, at 12:45 PM  

  • I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I try to improve things about myself whenever I see the need for improvement, not just once a year.

    Silver Turtle Boyfriend was complaining about how the gym gets really crowded the first couple weeks of January, until all the people who made a resolution to go to the gym quit showing up.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home