The Silver Turtle

Sunday, December 18, 2005

the fashion post

I don't care too much about fashion. I've always been a jeans/t-shirt/hoodie/skate shoes kind of gal. copy_princess is a fashion princess, too. She knows what's "it" and is into looking good when she goes out. The two of us happened to go Christmas shopping over the past few days. While lamenting the fact our boyfriends don't let us play dress up with them ("you'll dress me like a stupid skater" - Silver Turtle Boyfriend), we saw the next wave of fashion. And guess what we saw? At not one, but two stores.







Flannel Shirts




I knew it. I knew the 90s had to make a comeback eventually, and I could wear my warm, comfy flannel shirts over my t-shirt-over-a-long-sleeve-t-shirt* all winter. In fact, that's what I'm wearing right now (and this is totally a flannel I've owned since the 90s if you're wondering - I think there are pictures of me wearing it in my HS yearbook). Does it look stupid? Yes. Is it warm-yet-lightweight? Yes. If I get too warm, can I take it off and tie it around my waist? Mmmm.... maybe. Probably not until next summer though. Welcome back flannel shirts.



*In case you're wondering who started that t-shirt-over-a-long-sleeve-t-shirt trend.... it was me.

2 Comments:

  • I always thought it funny when I heard people talk about the grunge style...here in the Pacific NW, it was just practical to dress that way.

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 3:01 AM  

  • I grew up in farm country. Even though I lived "in town" (a relative term) plenty of my schoolmates were really farmers. So the fashion of the day coincided nicely with our daily wear, too.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home