The Silver Turtle

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

sights & sounds of tuba xmas

Merry Tuba Christmas!
from Columbus, Ohio


I've lost track of how many Tuba Christmas events I've played in. Today was my first Columbus event. I thought I'd post some Sights & Sounds for your enjoyment. If the video links are expired, just leave a comment and I'll re-upload soon (give me 24 hours). Sorry about the "fuzzy" noise and photos, I was trying to hold a camera and a tuba at the same time. Enough talk... on to the..

Tuba Sounds | Video

  • Good King Wenceslas


  • Silent Night

  • Silent Night cut off because I ran out of memory. But it's soooo pretty I had to include it.

  • We Wish You A Merry (Tuba) Christmas


  • Tuba Sights | Photos

    Rehersal with assistant conductor Tony Zilnic



    Some Service Men & Women at Tuba Christmas



    A Tuba Player's View (my left)



    A Tuba Player's View (my right)



    Pretty Tubas during the first break



    Shiny Sousaphone (Decorated) during a break



    The Finale



    Merry Tuba Christmas!

    2 Comments:

    • I groaned as I had to download a newer Quicktime....but it was SO worth the wait! Awesome.

      By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 8:30 PM  

    • Ugh.. sorry you had to download a newer anything (that always annoys me). Our soundcard is dead, which is why I didn't put those all together into 1 file and try to edit out some of the fuzz.

      I'm glad you enjoyed it.... there's nothing quite like the sound of a Tuba Christmas.

      By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 9:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home