The Silver Turtle

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

dear yahoo!...

First, you became the hotbed of SPAM, to the point that about 2% of my emails are anything I remotely care about. Luckily, I have gmail for important people and keep you as the spam-collector

Second, you buy flickr. I haven't experienced any out-of-the-ordinary issues yet. But every day on the flickr help and flickr bug boards there are people complaining of various issues that never happened until you bought them. So I'm guessing that's just a big yet.

Third, you buy blo.gs. Suddenly, I can't search or ADD any blogs to my blo.gs list - so every new or interesting blog I've found for the past 3 months I have to bookmark and it's a real PITA. Especially if I forget to bookmark it and then want to go search for it somewhere. If that wasn't enough, the website has been completely disabled for almost 2 weeks now.

Fourth, I have a web site through Yahoo! geocities web hosting. Silver Turtle Boyfriend has a web site through Yahoo! web hosting, too. Both of our sites suddenly disappeared from the internt about a month ago. We've tried to use the forms on your web page, but just get phising emails back. We tried to find a phone number - no luck. We *pay* for our web sites. We've had them for like 2 or 3 years with no problems. All of our data and images and files are still there. You're just not publishing the sites to the internet. Could you, like, maybe respond to one of our 5,000 emails?

So, dear Yahoo!, once the King of the Internet, could you please stop sucking and put my stuff back already?

Sincerely,
Silver Turtle - a former Yahoo! user who is doing her best to go over to the dark side known as GOOGLE.

3 Comments:

  • Amen sister, preach that shit, gimme and witness and let me testify!

    By Blogger Los Daddy, at 11:02 PM  

  • Thanks for letting us post comments - very cool of you. I work online
    with my own KILL BLOG SPAMMERS website. Check it out if you get the chance. Thanks again!
    ;)

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 2:08 AM  

  • Thanks for letting us post
    comments - very cool of you. I work online with my own
    I HATE YAHOO!
    website. Check it out if you get the chance. Thanks again!

    By Blogger acw, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home