The Silver Turtle

Saturday, November 19, 2005

if you build it...


winter ride
Originally uploaded by SilverTurtle.

This holiday season, to encourage citizens to come downtown and spend their money, we have erected a little ferris wheel and also a skating rink. The city closed off State Street to accomodate the attractions.

I was hoping to get a couple photographs of Saturday morning skaters, but I should have guessed the only thing people in Columbus are doing today is tailgating before the Big Game (OSU vs. Michingan).

I'm pretty absolutely sure that I don't want to sit atop a ferris wheel in 12 degree weather. I'm not sure if this is a good idea that will work, or a bad way to spend city funds.

3 Comments:

  • I'd hop on. Who else can say they've seen their city from atop a ferris wheel in the winter?

    By Blogger acw, at 3:58 PM  

  • ACW- if it were a big giant ferris wheel it'd be worth it. But it's all tiny like at at crappy county fair.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 10:32 PM  

  • I have NOT seen that ferris wheel move once since last Tuesday's freaky I'm-sure-global-warming-does-play-a-factor-when-it's-70-degrees-in-NOVEMBER-day. And I go by it everyday!

    -copy princess (sorry, had to over-exaggerate since Blogger isn't recognizing the HTML codes)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home