The Silver Turtle

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

the pissed off post

I'm a veeeeeery laid back person. I enjoy life for just that: life itself. I believe humanity is more good than bad. But sometimes I get really pissed off and frustrated and depressed about Big Things (TM).

It starts with something like this post from Freedom Girl.

Then I see a movie like Syriana.

Today my boss starts talking about ridiculous oil profits.

And soon I'm pissed off. Here are some of the things that piss me off:


  • people/business can and do kill for a few more million dollars

  • people/business ignore the fact they are destroying many of the earth's natural resources, without any big plans to change their actions, or at least try and sustain a damn forest or something

  • people are used by other people/governments/business/etc. as pawns, usually so someone else can make more millions of dollars

  • People starve to death every day. All over the world. Third world countries, wealthy countries... all have citizens that can't eat. That shouldn't be acceptable

  • people/governments turn a blind eye to genocide (I'm looking at the big continent of Africa for starters) - it's not our business unless someone can make money off it



It's so frustrating - restaurants probably throw away thousands of pounds of wasted food a year, but I can't just ship something remotely nutritious to a refugee camp in Darfur.

That type of stuff really gets to me sometimes. It gets to me that we (people everywhere) let things get as bad as they are. It gets to me that we choose to bury ourselves in meaningless day to day life and just forget about other people.

1 Comments:

  • The point is that there are some people, like us, who DON'T forget. We just wish we could do more.

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home