The Silver Turtle

Sunday, February 12, 2006

carded... and other news from the week

I had been feeling oogy the past week, so I didn't spend much time on the internets. So here's my past week and a half or so in review:

My cell phone, sitting innocently on the desk, slid off and smashed into the floor, sending the battery flying in an opposite direction of the rest of it. Since I've dropped my phone (on concrete, in puddles, etc.) approximately 681 times before, I didn't think much of it. Until I turned it on and the screen was a black hole. So since there was no display, I couldn't call anybody. And of course I never write anyone's number down. So I have a new cell phone, it's kinda of fancy with a camera and all that, but hardly any phone numbers in it.

Last Sunday copy_princess and I were feeling adventerous and went to a meeting of the Religious Society of Friends, a.k.a. Quaker church. These are the people who are very plain and advocate peace and tolerance. Their worship involves everyone sitting in silence, meditating or praying or etc. If anyone feels led to speak, they get up and address the group.

The meeting we were at no one spoke. For an hour and 15 minutes. I had a hard time focusing. And I tried to peek at copy_princess' watch. She was also trying to look at it and be subtle, but it was twisted funny and wasn't working for her. Finally the clerk stood and shook someone's hand, and we all shook hands and said hello. Then we went around the room and everyone introduced themselves, mostly just saying their name, but some talking about their week. It's a pretty interesting religion, and of course we have to go back and hear someone actually speak at a meeting.

Also on our Tour de Churches 2006 is the Universal Church (I haven't attended yet, but copy_princess has), a Buddhist Temple, and a progressive Methodist church. I also want to attend the Catholic church that has a mass in German. We're looking for other options, too. Yep, we're geeks, and exploring religion and other faiths is fun!

Tuesday I turned 29 and am only mildly freaking out about the fact this is my last year in my "twenty-somethings". Copy_princess took me out for a yummy dinner and we watched the finally new episode of House MD. (I already told you - we're absolute geeks).

Wednesday night we made some valentines. I've got a few more to make. Silver Turtle Boyfriend freaked out when he saw the explosion of scrapbooking papers, vellums, cardstocks, stickers, and tools all over our living room floor.

The weekend was spent with some good friends involved in an organization I volunteer with. Friday night we were picking up snacks and beverages and sundries for the weekend. I also had some cold/flu syrup. So when the register beeped at the clerk I figured it was because the sale price wasn't coming up. Until she looked at me and said, "Can I see your ID?". That's right - I was carded for Robotussin.

I spent last night watching more of the Olympics than I've watched in my entire life combined. And now I'm really interested in watching more of it, especially snowboarding.

I'm feeling much better today, so I expect to have slightly more interesting posts now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home