The Silver Turtle

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

children's book club

The other day one of my friends was talking about how he wanted to approach the 'drug' talk with his child when the kids gets old enough. (Which is, like, 7 or something these days I think). His wife wants them to maintain that all drugs are bad, wrong, etc. etc. He doesn't think drugs are bad, and only quit smoking pot at his wife's request. He wants to tell his kid that he doesn't think it's wrong and bad.

For the record, I think everyone should be honest with their kids about drugs (and sex and alchohol) and present an open mind.

Really I just wanted to post to show you all this children's book. It's designed to help parents addresses marijuana use. There's a book for everyone and everything.

4 Comments:

  • Thanks. I've got time before I need to have these talks, but it's never too early to start thinking about it.

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at 8:25 PM  

  • They should let him know that weed is OK, as long as he has it with his favorite choice of blunt wrap. I mean, there is cherry, apple, pineapple, watermelon, orange, blueberry, sour apple, pretty much any fruit flavor you can think of. However, there is a pina colada blunt wrap and he should have to wait until he is 21 use that particular blunt wrap. With that being said, you can also have a girl dip the blunt in her snatch, that way he can even have a pussy blunt wrap, to give him the illusion that he is having sex. At any rate, grow your own weed and then you dont have to worry if he smokes the wrong kind! Kanichiwa BITCHES!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 PM  

  • This is my take on the whole thing...maybe it will help your friend.

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 1:36 AM  

  • Thanks for the link, FG. My mom wasn't as much of a "wild child" as you, but she was a teenager and young adult during '60s. She and especially her first husband* were big hippies. Of course they did drugs. I always appreciated that my mom was honest with me about it. She told me not only when and how much she did what, she also told me how it affected her personally. The reason she quit smoking pot was because she couldn't stand the feeling of not being in control -

    Probably why I'm such a fan of being honest. The kid in question in the post is 2, so they do have awhile. And I'm sure every kid is different and every parent will get a good idea of when to start divulging info.

    *My mom's first husband died really young.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home