The Silver Turtle

Monday, April 17, 2006

bike and stuff

Yay for getting my bike's flat tires fixed! Finally got out to ride this spring. (Yes- I'm one of those people who only rides her bike in nice weather. When I move to someplace warm and sunny 365 days a year, then I'll ride year round).

So I rode about 2 miles to this local organic market. I stopped in to buy a sandwich and then rode home. I was surprised I didn't have to push myself on the ride - felt pretty natural. Which is good, because my ride to work is about 3.5 miles each way. Of course, the way home is mostly uphill, so I've got to get conditioned for that.

Oh my...maybe it's just because I haven't eaten much healthy food lately, but the sandwich thing was awesome. It was totally vegan and had hummus and mushrooms and peppers and cheese and some other veggies. It's like the best tasting thing I've eaten in a month. Maybe several months.

What was I saying... oh yes... yay!bikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home