The Silver Turtle

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

impact

Yesterday I got one of those emails from a long-last high school friend. Someone that I wasn't super close with, and he wasn't part of my "main" circle of friends, but we always had fun hanging.

He said I made a huge impact on who he became.
[I really hope he's not a big jerk now].

You don't think about being in high school and affecting your friends' personalities. In fact I think most of us just become more and more the same person we always were. High school, for me, wasn't a terrible place. It was an okay place - I liked hanging with my friends, and of course music stuff, and even some of my classes. I was a big geek. But not in the "longing to be one of the cool kids" geek ways, because that wasn't really anything important to me.

It's kind of cool to know that you left a positive impression on someone, and 11 years later they remember you clear as day because of it.

1 Comments:

  • You never know who you will impact, either positively or negatively. I had a friend who I suprised when I told him I had admired how he handled a situation when we were 17. I'd never seen a person open a beer bottle with his teeth before.

    It's the negative impacts I'm more wary of now.

    By Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan, at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home