The Silver Turtle

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

thanks for the music

There's something I've known about for a couple months.
The writing was on the wall before it was ever confirmed.

I've started to blog about it, but then was just too sad.
I felt lost just thinking about it.

But now that it's officially over, I should just come out and say it:















Chuck's Junk is officially over.

They played a super-high-energy show on Saturday night to release their CD and say farewell. They had a great turn-out, and probably should have told their friends that they were splitting up many times before to get them off their asses and into the clubs.

It was really fun having friends who were in a really really good band. White boys that play stuff you can dance to. Or drink to, if you're me.

Their CD is fabulous, of course, and you should really buy it or download it (I hear it might make it to itunes).

I'm sure they'll be on to other great things.

Thanks for the music, guys.

3 Comments:

  • I'm sorry for your loss. At least you have your cds to comfort you.

    By Blogger FreedomGirl, at 2:35 AM  

  • if for some reason, planets collide and cause some sort of interstellar rift...there may be one remaining show in the Cleveland area.

    But that's gonna take one mega-huge anomaly. (just from an insider's perspective.)


    Thanks for the support over the years, and the pictures, and the help, and the kind words.

    By Blogger Charles Junk, at 12:16 PM  

  • Don't try and make me feel better with false hope.

    Now I can look forward to the next incarnation. And maybe focus on my own band stuff soon.

    By Blogger Silver Turtle, at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home