The Silver Turtle

Sunday, March 19, 2006

film school 101

I see a fair amount of movies, and often I think oh I should post about this on my blog but then I don't get around to it for whatever reason.

I saw V for Vendetta last night and felt compelled to tell you to go see it. Really great social commentary, excellent visuals, interesting story. Sure some of it is predictable, but it is based on comic. And as I've mentioned before - we have a limited number of stories to tell as a people. But the general American public really needs to hear and see this one again.

A few other films from the past year or so that I should have told you to go see and probably didn't:

North Country - Amazing and sad that these events occured in the 1980s - women should see it as a reminder, and men should see it to get a clue what women face in the working world
Crash - It won the Best Picture oscar for a reason
Rock School - Fun documentary about kids that rock
Syriana - Another wake up call about governments and their actions/reactions
Walk the Line - Not revolutionary, but an interesting story

And of course there are a lot of films I didn't get around to seeing just yet - this was a really good year for movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home