The Silver Turtle

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

friends & acquaintances

friends
I have some really great friends. Last night I spent the evening enjoying wine, homemade bruschetta bread, and Trivial Pursuit-the DVD Pop Culture Edition with a few of them. They're the kind of people that you laugh your ass off with, about absolutely nothing, just about every time you're together. And if your car breaks down at 2:30 a.m. you can call them for a ride. I wanted to take a moment to remember how great all of them are.

acquaintances
A couple days ago I ran into a client from work whom I haven't seen in awhile. Once or twice I've though "I haven't seen Mark lately" but dismissed it to coincidence. So when I did see him, his hair, usually almost shoulder length, was trimmed. He still looked kind of in disarray, the way a busy attorney usually does. He informed me that he had brain surgery a few months ago - this is his first week back to work and court. It's weird to have people that are sort of in your life, but not really, and then to find out something serious like that has happened. In a way it's like hearing about celebrity deaths because you have this repoire or sense of knowing them... only if you don't ever hear from or see acquaintances again, you never really know what happened to them. Mark is one of those people that has a general "good karma" feeling about him & I've always liked him, so I was happy to see him doing well. The whole situation weirded me out though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home