The Silver Turtle

Monday, January 03, 2005

education

Education - Don't get too much

Sigh. It would be so much better to teach your children the religious beliefs of your choice, why you believe them, and that it's okay that not everything coincides with them, and then leave it at that. A big part of any religion is faith; the concept that you believe without any concrete evidence of why you believe, in spite of things you encounter in life.

When kids encounter issues like feminism (which for some reason is considered liberal) they should question why their religion is so afraid of treating women equally. If people decide to follow their parents religion - great. If not, that's their choice. Either way, I'm pretty sure that learning about evolution, the age of reason, or the civil rights movement have nothing to do with each individual's faith. I'm a pretty left liberal, and I have the same faith as when I was in high school. It seems I have the uncommon ability to not feal threatened by people different than me and I also think that they should have the same rights as me.

Things like this remind me of learning about medievil times in high school, and how the only people able to read the bible were the priests who spoke/read Latin. The priests who were abundantly dishonest brainwashed their charges for their own benefit, not because they were doing "the Lord's work". Wake up, conservative Christian America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home