The Silver Turtle

Saturday, January 01, 2005

welcome to 2005

The first day of 2005 turned out to be much busier than I expected. My original plan was:
Wake up late
Mess around online-maybe even get a new blog template
Pick up Carlos
Play bass
Maybe go see a movie

What actually happened was:
At about 10:30 this morning I was awoken by the Beastie Boys Brass Monkey - my friend Charlotte calling me.

I takled to Charlotte for about 10 minutes before Carlos called to tell me he was off work early & ask me to pick him up. I took a quick shower and picked up Carlos, came home & did not much of anything until Charlotte showed up an hour or so later. Well, I did make lunch - my Kickass Chili Dogs[TM].

Carlos wanted to nap, so we said we'd call in an hour or two and get him to go see a movie. Charlotte & I drove around aimlessly. I saw something really sweet that I'm going to take a picture of and post eventually - there is a minicooper mounted to the side of a building downtown. The actual car. We couldn't figure out how it's mounted, but it looks rad. And it sort of looks like it might fall on someone's head at any second.

We called Carlos, who didn't answer his phone. So we went and saw Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, knowing that Carlos didn't have any interest in it. [It was pretty good. The movie is pretty, thanks to all those folks who have worked with Tim Burton. And there's lot's of symbolism that made me think I might start reading the books. Since Harry Potter books and movies don't take up enough of my time now.]

Then we went to Barnes & Noble to look around. We also got coffee, and I was annoyed because of course it's Starbucks. I don't like Starbucks, and their coffee is not fabulous. We didn't see anything we wanted to buy there, so we decided to drive back across town to Half Price Books. I tried to call Carlos, because that's one of his favorite stores. Still no anwer. So we went and looked around and I still didn't buy anything, although Charlotte did.

Then, about 8:30 I arrived home. I had some dinner - peanut butter on wheat bread sandwiches. Then I played bass for awhile. Which went well and made me happy. And now I'm here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home