The Silver Turtle

Sunday, January 02, 2005

gooooogling

The other afternoon I was Googling local & regional music. I clicked on a link for a band unknown to me.

A photograph popped up & there was a shock of blonde hair among the dark, gothy-emo looking band members. A shock of blonde hair that I recognized at once. Sure enough, it was a guy that I waited tables with a few years back, during my last semester of college. I wasn't able to listen to any of their music, so I don't know if it's any good, and I don't remember him ever mentioning that he played bass or was in any bands or anything.

He will always be locked in my memory with a few other guys that waited tables with me at that same place. Most of them were stoners in varying degrees, but
there was
  • the try-everything-anytime stoner
  • the too-nice-to-hang-out-with-these-guys guy next door
  • the mysterious-in-a-dark-way-you-don't-want-to-know guy
  • the "good" drug dealer
  • the not-very-bright guy
  • and the punk-skater-boy(mentioned above).

    Sometimes I drive by that restaurant (where none of us work anymore) and
    wonder what the heck happened to all of them. Since none of them were really ambitious, career-driven individuals.
    Now I know what happened to one of them.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home