The Silver Turtle

Saturday, February 18, 2006

creative clock ticking

I sketched some stuff last night, the first art I've done in a couple of years. I went through a phase in elementary - jr. high school where I wanted to be an artist, especially comic strip type art. I stopped taking art classes after my freshman year of high school, just because I ran out of time for them. And eventually I got away from drawing (I was never that great at painting). Every once in awhile I get this weird creative burst and I have to go draw/paint/create some for art. It's almost a physical need. I had a bit of talent when I was younger and now I wish I had stuck with it a little more.

My photography habit slowed once it started getting cold out, but I'm still seeing interesting shots/places/people to photograph all of the time. And I have my camera with me at least 75% of the time, ready to capture whatever moves me.

And of course there's the music.

I've felt more creative than usual the past ~ 6 months or so. There's some internal need, a driving force, that requires I go create something all the time. While it's kind of cool to have that fuel going, it also means I lose interest in anything else I'm supposed to be doing - especially work-related and volunteer-related stuff. I get super-focused on creating or playing and can't waste energy on anything else.

Is this what it feels like when a woman's biological clock is ticking? Her need is to bring another person to the earth, to procreate. I've never wanted children, still don't, certain I never will. But I have a definite and never-ending need to bring something - art or music - to humanity, to create.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home